I am a Psychologist with a positive perspective. I help you discover what you need to know to feel better and develop your strengths to achieve more as quickly as possible. I wrote a book about how to reverse negativity and escape stress in your life so that you enjoy your life more fully. With over 35 years of experience you can be confident that my expertise and engaging coaching style will help you to effectively overcome obstacles and reach your goals.
“I love my work because I enjoy helping people improve their lives. I know how to maximize your investment to reach the most desired results. Call me now for a FREE telephone consult to discuss how we can work together.” Confidential office line: 212 – 779 – 4114
My OFFICE is in a private Townhouse, and I do see clients in person only by appointment, I also offer REMOTE sessions by phone, Facetime, Zoom or Skype.
See APPOINTMENTS to read about the office and insurance coverage.
- Licensed Psychologist in New York State.
- Certified Hypnosis Consultant, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- Ph.D. in Psychology from City University of New York
- Served as an Assistant Professor at Mt.Sinai Medical Center, CUNY.
- Diplomate Psychotherapy Institute Harvard Medical School.
- Author with over 2 dozen academic and human interest articles, and two books. Positive Directions
- Corporate Consultant and achievement coach.
- Expert consultant to Media, Courts and Corporations
- World traveler who visited more than 46 countries.
- Extensive study of Eastern philosophy and science.
- Practicing meditation from the age of sixteen.
- Member of American Psychological Association.
- Member of New York Academy of Science.
- Member of American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- Elected Professional of Who’s Who of America.
Dr. Ryder has been giving interviews about his book and talking about what it takes to be Mentally Fit with radio stations and press across America. To read about or listen to some interviews see the media page.
In the words of my clients – you can see that I love my work…
“Just wanted to thank you for being there and helping me through this rough period in my life.” LZ
“Thank you for giving me the tools, confidence, the insight so that I may change my inner world … gaining clarity, awakening the soul, a new consciousness of the heart, and an uplifting of the spirit” PJS
“I can’t begin to tell you how much I admire you. Your perseverance, your strength, your intelligence, your special caring, sincere heart…” JC
“I have referred many patients to Dr. Ryder both for his capacity as a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist … I have been more than satisfied with the quality of his work… it has been extremely beneficial.” Dr. Leonard Malis, MD Professor & Chairman, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine.
“Thank you for helping me find love and to be in love” JS
“Thanks so much! I want to tell you how much your lecture at the New Life Expo last year helped me. You were an inspiration to me. Thank you.” LB
“Thank you for all you have done for my family, my friends and me. I consider meeting you a special encounter and that you were placed in our lives for a purpose during these hard times. You have helped all of us to see clearly and live lightly. You have brought our attention to our inner strength and wisdom with your wisdom and understanding. You do what you do very well and with great compassion and insight and I would like to thank you…” ZF
“From the time I left your office until arriving home, my allergy was gone! Now I believe that anything is possible. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with you on a cure from the inside out.” BL
“I appreciate so much the opportunity to attend your workshop. I was so encouraged and inspired by you and your concepts. These are real treasures beyond measure.” SH